Advice Notes for Stalls
SUNDAY 13th SEPTEMBER 2020. 12 Noon – 6pm . THE ARBORETUM
In light of the climate crisis, biodiversity loss and other critical ecological concerns, the Green Festival intends to provide education, workshops and information sharing to better enable people to understand the issues of concern and to help them bring about the changes required. Stallholders are expected to ensure they have a positive role in advancing this. You are encouraged to join the Sustainability Working Group & follow guidance resulting from the discussion.
Nottingham Green Festival is organised by volunteers. To minimise stress, early booking is encouraged, together with payment & proof of documentation. Late bookings may face serious delays in confirmation and may need to be refused.
Bookings will not be confirmed until payment and your public liability insurance documents are received.
- Early preference will be given to previous stallholders.
- Stall applicants should ensure that they book and pay as soon as possible after receiving the invitation.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- Only those activities or sale of items as specified on the Booking Form will be permitted.
- Stall fees include a non-refundable £10 booking fee.
- Booking fees cannot be refunded unless a stall booking is refused by the organisers or in the event of the event being cancelled by the organisers. (This has never happened!). In the event of cancellation by the organisers, stall fees would be refunded less £10 booking fee, to cover our non-refundable costs.
- Revised: No single use plastic is allowed. Please minimise other single-use packaging. Where necessary source domestically compostable packaging and bags etc for your stall.
- Promotional items or “give-aways” must be practical & not single-use, ie no balloons.
- For the reasons expressed in this Green Gathering discussion, we do not allow glitter at the Green Festival, though we are happy to discuss other involvement by creative & artistic people.
- The Festival is ‘off-grid’ & no generators may be used.
- The Festival is 100% Vegan; we ask stallholders not to bring items that contain meat, dairy, honey, eggs, fish or animal bi-products, (such as leather & wool), to the Festival.
- New: Stall holders must be prepared to manage any packaging or other waste that they generate, including any returned by customers – bags for recycling & general waste will be issued on arrival together with recycling information.
- Stallholders must take reasonable steps to ensure that their stall, and the area around it, is kept free from litter.
- Additional guidance may result from discussions in the Sustainability Working Group.
- Your stall must be robust to cope with the forecast weather conditions – in particular high winds. The ground at the Arboretum is generally sloping – tables etc may need additional support. Stallholders are responsible for ensuring that gazebos or other structures and equipment are secure and do not present a risk to the public or other stallholders, and that all tents and canopies are securely pegged down. Festival Stewards reserve the right to have any unsafe structure removed from the site.
- We do not supply stalls, table or chairs.
- The Organisers will not accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, any property whatsoever belonging to Stallholders, exhibitors or any other person on site for any reason.
- No material of a racist, sexist, libelous or offensive nature will be permitted on site. The Organisers reserve the sole right to decide whether any material falls into these categories.
- Stallholders should ensure that no product from any company that is subject to a consumer boycott for violating human or animal rights, environmental damage, tax avoidance etc, is supplied from their stall (for guidance see http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/boycotts/boycottslist.aspx) .
- No Stall, exhibition or demonstration should exploit a dependent, captive or domestic animal.
- Stallholders operating tombolas etc must ensure that any prizes awarded are of both sound & legal construction, and that food or drink given as prizes should be vegan and not “out of date”. See the tombola FAQs
- Those selling cosmetics, soaps or toiletries must also comply with EU Cosmetics Regulation
CATERING and Food Stalls
- All catering at Nottingham Green Festival catering will be vegan.
- Catering for 2020 is fully allocated but local vegan-friendly caterers are welcome send their details to email@example.com to join the waiting list.
- Catering and Food Stalls will have additional paperwork to submit; they must comply with food hygiene regulations and should have a food hygiene rating of 4 or above.
- Stallholders must provide their fire extinguishers where required.
- Catering and Food Stalls must not sell bottled water, alcohol, tobacco products, or any animal product.
- Revised: Food and drinks for consumption on site must not be served in glass containers (Arboretum policy) or single-use plastic containers.
- Revised: Caterers should use re-usable or domestically compostable cups, plates etc, following guidance issued separately.
- New: Food stalls will be supplied with additional bags for food waste and conpostable packaging, which may be taken to the recycling point by the Bandstand.
ON THE DAY
- Stalls are allocated on a first come first served basis, so early booking is encouraged.
- New: Stalls are allocated to a ZONE at the time of booking.
New: Exact locations within the zone will be allocated by stewards in order of arrival. Arrival time slots will be allocated in the order that bookings are completed and paid.
- Stallholders must follow the ‘Essential Stall Information’ provided closer to the time of the event.
- No traffic movements will be permitted on The Arboretum site between 11am and 6pm.
- Selling of goods by auction, shouting or behaviour likely to annoy visitors or other Stallholders will not be permitted. Do not accost visitors with petitions, leaflets, collection tins etc. Let them come to you.
- The use of megaphones or P.A. systems is restricted to those authorised by the Organisers.
- Stallholders, exhibitors etc must comply with all statutes, bye-laws & legal regulations.
- Traders are required to have Public Liability Insurance covering the type of goods for sale on their stall and the stall itself. They must submit a copy of this with their application and (new) bring a copy to display on their stall.
- No stall space can be allowed without the appropriate application having been made. So-called “fly pitching” will not be permitted.
THE ORGANISING GROUP’S DECISION ON ANY MATTER IS FINAL.
- Nottingham Green Festival organisers are all volunteers, and very busy for the Festival. If you have any doubts about what you can sell, or do, or anything else, contact us well in advance of the event.
- Stall booked details are stored electronically and we aim to comply with General Data Protection Regulations.
Payment should be made by Bank Transfer to ‘Nottingham Green Festival’, Sort code – 60-83-01, A/c no – 53110426 . Be sure to add a reference with your stall name. Other payment options, including paypal & credit cards are here.
Confirmation will be sent by email.