Advice Notes for Stalls
NOTTINGHAM GREEN FESTIVAL 2018
SUNDAY 16th SEPTEMBER . 12 Noon – 6pm . THE ARBORETUM
Nottingham Green Festival is organised by volunteers. To minimise stress, especially in the busy summer months, early booking is encouraged, with final confirmation subject to payment & proof of documentation. Late bookings may face serious delays in confirmation and may need to be refused.
Bookings will not be confirmed until payment and your public liability insurance documents are received.
Contact us if you foresee any issues.
A print version of these advise notes is available here.
- BOOKING: The booking forms is at the end of these notes. Early preference will be given to previous stall holders. Stall applicants should ensure that they book and pay as soon as possible after receiving the form – late bookings will only be accepted subject to space being available. The organisers reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- Bookings are not transferable. Only one group or organisation may operate from each booked pitch, unless prior agreement. Only one vehicle per stall will be permitted on the Arboretum site.
- We aim not have too many stalls selling the same type of product. There will be a strict limit on the number of bric-a-brac stalls and limits on other categories may be considered, so book early to secure your space. If in doubt please email the organisers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only those activities or sale of items as specified on the Booking Form will be permitted.
- The 2018 Festival will be ‘off-grid’ & no petrol/diesel generators may be used (contact us if you need to discuss this).
- The 2018 Festival will be 100% Vegan; we ask stall holders not to bring items that contain meat, dairy, honey, eggs, fish or animal bi-products, (such as leather & wool*), to the Festival (*revised 18/3/18, subject to discussion).
- Stall fees are listed on the booking form and include a non-refundable £5 booking fee.
- Booking fees cannot be refunded unless a stall booking is refused by the organisers or in the event of the event being cancelled by the organisers. (This has never happened!). In the event of cancellation by the organisers, stall fees would be refunded less £5 booking fee, to cover non-refundable costs already incurred.
- We do not supply stalls, table or chairs.
- Please plan ahead: Note that the ground at the Arboretum is generally sloping, tables etc may need additional support. Your stall must be robust to cope with the forecast weather conditions – in particular high winds.. Stall holders are responsible for ensuring that gazebos or other structures and equipment are secure and do not present a risk to the public or other stall holders, and that all tents and canopies are pegged down with sturdy pegs and guy ropes. Festival Stewards reserve the right to have any unsafe structure removed from the site.
- The Organisers will not accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, any property whatsoever (including cars, bicycles or other methods of personal transport) belonging to Stall Holders, exhibitors or any other person on site for any reason.
- All Stall Holders must provide their own fire extinguishers if required to do so by law.
- No material of a racist, sexist, libellous or offensive nature will be permitted on site. The Organisers reserve the sole right to decide whether any material falls into these categories.
- Stall Holders should ensure that no product from any company that is subject to a consumer boycott for violating human or animal rights, environmental damage, tax avoidance etc, is supplied from their stall (for guidance see http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/boycotts/boycottslist.aspx) .
- No Stall, exhibition or demonstration should exploit a dependent, captive or domestic animal.
- Stall Holders operating tombolas etc must ensure that any prizes awarded are of both sound & legal construction, and that food or drink given as prizes should be vegan and not “out of date”. See the tombola FAQs
- Please consider the environment and source biodegradable / compostable packaging and bags etc for your stall. We are working towards becoming a plastic-free event.
- Stall Holders must take reasonable steps to ensure that their stall, and the area around it, is kept free from litter. Litter should be periodically deposited in the appropriate litter, recycling or composting bins provided.
- Those selling cosmetics, soaps or toiletries must also comply with EU Cosmetics Regulation
- CATERING: All catering at Nottingham Green Festival catering will be vegan.
- Catering for 2018 (including refreshments, tea & cake) is fully allocated but local vegan-friendly caterers are welcome send their details to email@example.com to ask to be put on the waiting list.
- Catering and Food Stalls will have additional paperwork to submit; they must comply with food hygiene regulations and should have a food hygiene rating of 4 or above.
- Catering and Food Stalls must not sell alcohol, tobacco products, ice cream or any animal product.
- Food and drinks for consumption on site must not be served in glass containers (Arboretum policy) or non-returnable plastic bottles.
- Caterers should use re-usable, compostable or biodegradable cups, plates etc
- ON THE DAY: Stalls are allocated on a first come first served basis, so early arrival may give more choice. Do not pitch on spaces reserved for other activities.
- Stall Holders must follow directions from stewards to an appropriate pitch.
- Only one vehicle per stall will be permitted on the Arboretum site. Other vehicles must be parked at the Park-&-Ride or on the street (where legal).
- No traffic movements will be permitted on The Arboretum site between 11am and 6pm. It is essential that Stall Holders who, in exceptional circumstances need to leave before 6pm, should contact Site Control for a Steward to escort them off the Park.
- Stalls should aim to be set up by 11.30am.
- Selling of goods by auction, shouting or behaviour likely to annoy visitors or other Stall Holders will not be permitted. Do not accost visitors with petitions, leaflets, collection tins etc. Let them come to you.
- The use of megaphones or P.A. systems is restricted to those authorised by the Organisers.
- This is not a commercial event and, in the interests of fairness to all, no stall space can be allowed without the appropriate fee having been paid. So-called “fly pitching” will not be permitted, so please display your ‘Trading Permit’ prominently.
- Stall Holders, Exhibitors etc must comply with all statutes, bye-laws & legal regulations. Traders are required to have Public Liability Insurance covering the type of goods for sale on their stall and the stall itself and should submit a copy of this with their stall application form.
- Stall booked details are stored electronically and we aim to comply with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Nottingham Green Festival organisers are all volunteers, and very busy for the Festival. If you have any doubts about what you can sell, or do, or anything else, please contact well in advance of the event.
THE ORGANISING GROUP’S DECISION ON ANY MATTER IS FINAL.
Payments should be made by Bank Transfer to ‘Nottingham Green Festival’ , Sort code – 60-83-01 , A/c no – 53110426
or by Paypal (including credit/debit cards) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Receipts will be sent by email, including your vehicle pass & trading permit
Follow the link at the top of the form to <file> <download> the form to your computer, edit and save (perhaps to your desktop) – renaming it to include your group name.
Contact Nottingham Green Festival
- Enquiries: email@example.com
- Twitter . Facebook
- Write to Nottingham Green Festival, c/o Sumac, 245 Gladstone Street, Nottingham NG7 6HX