29th Nottingham Green Festival
Sunday 11th September 2022
12 noon to 6pm . Free
Nottingham Green Festival is organised by grass roots community based volunteers, not-for-profit and with no statutory funding. The ethical standards and sustainability / environmental / human / animal rights ethos of the FREE one day event are long established, having evolved from the pre-history of Nottingham Peace Festival from which it grew.
Check out the Live Music on the Bandstand. And more at the Buskers Zone by the Tunnel.
The Knowledge Garden
2019 saw the launch of a Speakers Area with panels & breakout discussions in the Rose Garden. This was a huge success so additional volunteer support will help developed the initiative for the 2021 event.
— Nottingham Green Festival (@NottmGreenFest) September 2, 2021
Green Festival Online
Visit Nottingham Green Festival Online for our carefully curated collection of online resources.
Find, Follow, Comment and Share
Please Support The Green Festival
The events runs to a tight £6000+ budget and has no statutory funding.
Click button above to donate with PayPal or credit/debit cards (see link at bottom of the Paypal page). See other options on the Fundraising page.
- The Arboretum, Waverley Street / Addison Street, NG7 4HF, is one minute from the High School Tram Stop and a few minutes from Nottingham’s Old Market Square or the Forest Park & Ride. Trams run direct from Nottingham Station.
- Many NCT buses pass the entrance off Mansfield Road – ask for the Huntingdon Street Stop.
- Cyclists met at noon at the Square to join a mini Critical Mass Bike Ride to the Green Festival, before parking up alongside the railings around the park & the bandstand.
- If driving from the M1 leave at Junction 24, 25 or 26 and take the NET Tram from the Park & Ride at Clifton South, Toton Lane or Phoenix Park respectively, to either Nottingham Trent University or the High School tram stop.
The event features 100 local small green businesses, craft producers, food producers and voluntary/campaign groups – see the …2021 Directory here.. with many of the stalls shown on this Live Map. NOTE: the map shows the ZONES in which the stalls are located. The exact location within the Zone is likely to differ.
For 2022 see stall booking information here – subject to revision by sustainability working group.
How to help
- To help with the 2022 event please join us at a planning group meeting, usually on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 5pm at the Sumac Centre.
- Everyone that supports the event – stall holders, caterers, campaign groups, performers, volunteers & everyone attending – all are invited to share feedback & ideas via Facebook, Twitter or email to help the planning of the 2022 event.
- Join the mailing list for announcements, news and information about Nottingham Green Festival
- Support the event with small donation. Click to donate with PayPal, or credit/debit cards without paypal account. See other options on the Fundraising page
- Post your photos and reviews onto social media. Tag @NottmGreenFest or #GreenFestival
- Send links to your photos to share on the Green Festival Gallery or any reviews that you might know of for the archive. Follow our team photographer, Alan Lodge@tashuk
- Share the announcement / press release on your social media! ( (temporary mirror site)
- Distribute publicity materials available from the Sumac Centre and at Veggies Catering Campaign events.
- Your support will make all the difference in ensuring the success of Nottingham’s own Green Festival, the place for the whole family to learn, explore and try the latest in everything environmentally friendly and ethical, whilst also having lots of fun in the beautiful setting of the Arboretum Park.
Please help us if you can.
Planning group meetings continue on the 2nd Sunday monthly at the Sumac Centre and on Zoom. All are welcome to join a well-being catchup for the Green Festival community. Please contact us for the meeting link, or to discuss options to join the meeting without zoom.
Contact Nottingham Green Festival
- Email email@example.com
- Write to Nottingham Green Festival, c/o Sumac, 245 Gladstone Street, Nottingham NG7 6HX
- Follow NottmGreenFest on Twitter & Facebook
- Linkback to www.nottmgreenfest.org.uk