Welcome to Nottingham Green Festival
Sunday 16th September 2018 . 12noon to 6pm . Free
Enjoy FREE live music, outdoor entertainment and adult & children’s activities plus community stalls with refreshments, ethical products and energy-saving technologies and information at Nottingham Green Festival.
Organised by grass roots, community based volunteers, with no regular statutory funding, the event features stalls from 100 small green businesses, craft workers, campaigns, artizan food producers and vegan caterers. There are kids activities, workshops, natural therapies and sustainable technologies, performers and entertainment throughout the park and live music from the Bandstand, Acoustical and Buskers
New for 2018, Punk4theHomeless will be curating a festival fringe stage at the Formal Gardens, opening up space for a potential 50% increase in stalls, activities & caterers there and around the Chinese Bell Tower.
Nottingham Green Festival is organised by grass routes community based volunteers, with no statutory funding. The ethical standards and environmental / human / animal rights ethos of the event are long established, having evolved from the pre-history of the Nottingham Peace Festival from which it has grown.
Nottingham’s own green festival provides the place for the whole family to learn, explore and try the latest in everything environmentally friendly and ethical, whilst also having lots of fun in the beautiful setting of the Arboretum Park.
100 local small green businesses, craft producers and campaign groups on our 2017 stalls directory have been invited to join us again.
We are now delighted to invite new proposals.
Everyone that supports the event – stall holders, caterers, campaign groups, performers, volunteers & everyone attending – all are invited to share feedback & ideas via Facebook, Twitter or email to help the planning of the 2018 event.
How to help
- Join the mailing list for announcements, news and information about Nottingham Green Festival
- Support the event with small donation. Click to donate with PayPal, or credit/debit cards without paypal account. See other options on the Fundraising page
- Send links to your photos to share on the Green Festival Gallery or any reviews that you might know of for the archive. Follow our team photographer, Alan Lodge@tashuk
- Share the announcement / press release on your social media! ( (temporary mirror site – 2016 info)
- Distribute publicity materials available from the Sumac Centre, Crocus Cafe or the Green Emporium, Haydn Road.
We invite your help in organising the next event in 2018. Please join us at a planning group meeting, usually on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 4pm at the Sumac Centre.
Your support will make all the difference in ensuring the success of Nottingham’s own Green Festival, the place for the whole family to learn, explore and try the latest in everything environmentally friendly and ethical, whilst also having lots of fun in the beautiful setting of the Arboretum Park.
- The Arboretum, Waverley Street / Addison Street, NG7 4HF, one minute from the High School Tram Stop and a few minutes from Nottingham’s Old Market Square or the Forest Tram Stop & Park & Ride. Many NCT buses pass the entance off Mansfield Road – ask for the Huntingdon Street Stop. Cyclists met at noon at the Square to join a mini Critical Mass Bike Ride to the Green Fest!
Contact Nottingham Green Festival
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Nottingham Green Festival, c/o Sumac, 245 Gladstone Street, Nottingham NG7 6HX
- Follow NottmGreenFest on Twitter & Facebook
- Linkback to www.nottmgreenfest.org.uk